I’m mia. I write YA things. Although I’ve been around for a long time this is the first time I’m taking part in Pitch Wars 2016 (#pitchwars). Normally I don’t have anything quite ready but this time around I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.
This is my all-time favourite gif:
I’m not very good at writing about me but what I am surprisingly great at is pro con lists. So, welcome to a pro con list that just so happens to be about me.
- I’m an expert emoji extraordinaire. I once used only emojis to review a book. It was great.
- In my spare time I take a lot of pictures. You can see these on my instagram.
- I also speak Chinese; I started learning for another WIP and then, because I liked it, I carried on.
- Favourite authors include Garth Nix, Nicole Krauss, Patrick Ness, Ray Bradbury and many others besides.
- I love the colour orange because of this and I love Autumn. I love Autumn for other reasons — for the chill in the air and the boundaries it represents — but, ngl, I also love the colours.
- I’m willing to work hard on whatever I set my mind to.
- I’m clumsy. This makes for great life lessons but overall it’s not great
- I cannot ice skate, this renders all dreams RE champion figure ice skating moot.
- I’m prone to romanticising things then posting them on my blog under the guise of life lessons.
- I don’t sleep a lot. Expect emails at odd hours of the day.
- I’m rly rly rly bad at about me’s.
I’m submitting a YA fantasy set in a world split into areas based on how people interact with the earth. A young girl in this world wakes up one day to find her brother has been kidnapped.
I’m willing and ready to change things and consider other paths for the story because I love altering things and seeing how characters react. Most of all I love the characters. I’m ready to work hard too — when I get going there’s really no stopping me. Friends, pets, family, and twitter followers can attest (I think).